- This event has passed.
Got Rice?: Interactive Parent-Child Workshop
October 10 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join our friends from the Korean Community Center of the East Bay (KCCEB) for this interactive workshop, where parents and kids will explore Korean rice.
We’ll discuss some history about rice in our culture:
- Variety of rice in Asian culture with some examples
- Then narrow into the types of rice most Koreans use and eat – what are some Korean staples?
What did people do with rice? What are our individual stories with rice?
- Talk about how rice was cooked before the invention of current rice cookers
- What else do we add to rice? What are some foods/dishes we can make with rice (like sticky rice)?
- What are our personal experiences growing up with rice and/or cooking rice?
Rice cooking activity!! Let’s try making it now!
KCCEB is a leading Korean agency that provides comprehensive service, education, community resource development and advocacy for immigrants in the Bay Area, with a focus on East Asians. Visit their website to learn more: https://www.kcceb.org/